Last updated: May 2015
- Information We Collect and Why We Collect It
- How We Use and Share Your Information
- Access to Your Information and Choices
- Security of Your Information
- Consent to Data Processing in United States
- Questions and How To Contact Us
Additional Terms. Please reference our Terms of Sale which apply to your purchase of our products. Please also note that if you become a customer and subscribe to Optom monitoring services, use of our Site is also subject to the Terms of Service.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND WHY WE COLLECT IT
Optom collects certain information to enable you to take full advantage of our offerings when you register at our Site, order products or services, participate in our contests, promotions, or activities, or otherwise communicate with us. If you choose, you can visit the Site without providing us with any information about yourself.
We limit the collection and use of customer information to the minimum we require to deliver service to our customers, which includes advising our customers about our products, services and other opportunities, and to administer our business.
Personal Information You Provide To Us When You Become a Customer.Types of personal information we collect when you become a customer and provide it to us include:
- Billing address
- Shipping address
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Demographic information about you
- Credit card, debit card and bank account numbers (solely for payment purposes)
Additional Personal Information You Provide To Us When You Subscribe to Monitoring Service. Types of personal information we collect when you become a subscriber to monitoring services and you provide it to us include:
- The number of adults and children living at the location where the alarm will be installed
- Whether the location is a home, apartment or business
- Name and telephone number for friends or family you would like to be contracted in the event of an alarm
- Information such as your "safe word" and log-in credentials used to verify your identity if you forget your log in credentials for your Optom account
- Information such as your alarm activity stored in your on-line account. This activity includes, but is not limited to, when the alarm is armed and disarmed, and when an alarm event is triggered
Non-personally Identifiable Information We Collect Automatically. As is true with most Sites, we collect certain non-personally identifiable information automatically as you use our Site, such as:
- IP address
- Browser type
- Computer or device type
- Unique device identifiers
- Operating system version
- The website from where you navigated to our Site
- Time and date of using our Site
- The pages on our Site that you view
- The name of your Internet service provider (ISP)
Non-personally Identifiable Information Collected Through Google Analytics
Non-personally Identifiable Information Collected Through Cookies and Similar Technologies
No Information From Children or Teens Under Age 18
This Site is not directed to, and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from, children or teenagers under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, please do not attempt to register with us at this Site or provide any personal information about yourself to us. If you are under the age of 18, you may only use this Site under the supervision of your parents or guardians.
- HOW WE USE AND SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
To Provide Products, Services, and Information. As described above, we collect information from you so that we can provide products and services that you purchase from us, and to provide information that you request from us. This includes sending you alarm alerts and important service information about your alarm and our services. We use your personal information to contact you about your orders, process credit card / debit card transactions, and ship our products to you. We may send you information about our products and services, and new offerings. We may provide information to third party service providers that help us process orders, and fulfill and deliver products and services that you purchase from us.
We use third parties to assist with providing our products and services to you (including our alarm monitoring services and dispatching emergency responders), host our Site, send out email updates about the Site, provide marketing and advertising services for us, remove repetitive information from our user lists, and process payments. These service providers will have access to your personal information in order to provide these services, but when this occurs we implement reasonable contractual and technical protections to limit their use of that information to help us provide the service.
We belong to ad networks that may use your browsing history across participating websites to show you interest-based advertisements on those websites. Our Site does not respond to "do not track" signals or similar mechanisms to indicate you do not wish to be tracked or receive interest-based ads. To learn more about interest-based advertisements and your opt-out rights and options, visit the Digital Advertising Alliance and the Network Advertising Initiative websites (www.aboutads.info and www.networkadvertising.org).
Your Consent. Except as otherwise provided in this Policy, we will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Optom when we have your consent to do so.
We will share personal information with third party companies, organizations or individuals outside of Optom if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, subpoena, legal process or governmental request.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Optom, our users, customers or the public as required or permitted by law.
- ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION AND CHOICES
You can access and update certain information we have relating to your online account by logging into your online account and visiting the "monitoring" section to update contact information for your alarm monitoring and dispatch. Under the "log in" section you can update your email address and password. If you have questions about personal information we have about you can Contact Us or call us at 1-855-299-3809. You can opt-out of receiving marketing and promotional e-mails from Optom by using the opt-out or unsubscribe feature contained in the e-mails.
You can close your online account by calling us at 1-855-299-3809. If you close your account, we will no longer use your online account information or share it with third parties. We may, however, retain a copy of the information for archival purposes, and to avoid identity theft or fraud.
- SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use industry standard physical, technical and administrative security measures and safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information. However, since the Internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot guarantee, ensure, or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information. Please note that e-mails and other communications you send to us through our Site are not encrypted, and we strongly advise you not to communicate any confidential information through these means.
- CONSENT TO DATA PROCESSING IN UNITED STATES
Our Site is operated and managed on servers located and operated within the United States. By using and accessing our Sites, residents and citizens of countries and jurisdictions outside of the United States agree and consent to the transfer to and processing of personal information on servers located in the United States, and that the protection of such information may be different than required under the laws of your residence or location.
- QUESTIONS AND HOW TO CONTACT US
26374 Pollard Road Suite B
Daphne, AL 36526